SZIO+ UTI 36PAC Supplements$45.99 CAD
SZIO+ UTI Test Strips Kit$15.99 CAD
SZIO+ Basal Digital$28.99 CAD
YoSperm 2-Pack Refill Kit$49.50 CAD
Ovu Control$64.99 CAD
Basal Digital$28.99 CAD
Early Detect 2 Pack$14.99 CAD
Early Detect 3 Pack$19.99 CAD
Early Detect 5 Pack$29.99 CAD
Complete Control Bundle$89.99 CAD
Control Bundle$68.99 CAD
Daisy Pacifier Thermometer$12.99 CAD
Duotemp Thermometer$64.99 CAD
Non Contact Thermometer$74.99 CAD
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does Geratherm® Ovu Control work?
Geratherm® Ovu Control detects hormone changes that occur prior to and during ovulation. There is a direct correlation between the increase in LH (luteinising hormone) levels and the time of ovulation. During a woman’s fertile days, the salt content in the saliva rises owing to the increased LH production. The salt crystals that form in dried saliva have a fern-like structure. This ‘ferning pattern’ can be seen most clearly directly before ovulation. During the infertile days this ‘ferning pattern’ disappears due to the increasing level of progesterone, and a gravel-like pattern is seen instead.
2. Is Geratherm® Ovu Control accurate?
When instructions are followed, determining fertility through ovulation microscopy has been shown to be 98% accurate.
3. Does the fern structure look the same for all women?
No. As the LH increase varies, not only from cycle to cycle, but also from woman to woman, an unique crystallisation pattern is detected for each woman.
4. When do I test with Geratherm® Ovu Control?
Test on a daily basis, preferably morning right after getting up, before eating, drinking, smoking, brushing teeth, etc. If you test later in the day, try to wait at least three hours after eating, drinking, brushing teeth or smoking. Record your results on a fertility chart or calendar. Carefully recorded data provides important diagnostic information. You should always take your data with you when you visit your doctor. Start recording on the first day of a menstrual period.
5. How many times can I use the fertility tester?
The Geratherm® Ovu Control is reusable. There is no other expense, other than the batteries, which may eventually need to be replaced.
6. How do I apply a saliva sample?
A sublingual saliva sample, collected from below the tongue will provide the best results. Place a drop of saliva on the middle of the lens using a clean and dry finger. Dab the saliva onto the lens from above, without smearing the drop. Ensure that no air bubbles or foam are on the lens. Leave the saliva sample to dry at room temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes. Note: You can stimulate the production of saliva by biting gently on your tongue.
7. Can I dry the saliva sample with tools such as a hairdryer?
No. The use of any device to dry the saliva sample may damage it. The sample can become distorted by blowing or get contaminated with foreign objects, this could lead to a misinterpretation of the results. If you are in a hurry in the morning and cannot view the sample, let it dry as long as required and then view it at a later point.
8. Will breast-feeding affect my results?
Yes, if you are breast-feeding your results could be inaccurate. This is due to hormonal changes in your body.
9. What can interfere with results?
Anything that affects LH levels in the body may affect the results. Changes to the ‘ferning pattern’ can be caused by the following:
- After discontinuing the use of hormonal contraceptive agents (e.g. ‘the pill’)
- During use of hormone supplements (e.g. ‘the pill’) or other specific medications.
- After a birth, during and after lactation.
- Medical conditions or products which alter the composition of mucus secretions (e.g. expectorant medications) High LH levels may produce an ongoing ‘ferning pattern’ while low LH levels may not be picked up by the microscope. In this situation, please contact your doctor.